The Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Society (NAIS) was established in October 1985 as a representative body for the Norwegian Artificial Intelligence community. Its aim is to promote the study, research and application of Artificial Intelligence in Norway. NAIS is a member of the European Association for Artificial Intelligence (EurAI).
NAIS is a nonprofit entity representing AI professionals, organisations, companies and academic institutions. Our aim is to serve as a focal point of interaction and cooperation among NAIS’s members and the Norwegian public. NAIS is a point of contact and forum facilitating communication between parties interested in AI.
NAIS members commit themselves to promoting the values of Norwegian society through ensuring responsible use of AI research and applications.
NAIS aims to:
● Promote Norwegian interest in artificial intelligence both in national and international context.
● Spread knowledge on AI-related methods to business and society in general, so that the methods can be applied and be useful.
● Be a bridge builder between different disciplines within the discipline AI, and thus increase the possibilities for fruitful cooperation between these.
● Be a unifying forum for research within AI in Norway.
● Be a forum for knowledge sharing and experience transfer.
● Conduct workshops and conferences within AI.