Call for Dissertation Awards 2024
Call for Nominations
The Norwegian Artificial Intelligence Society (NAIS) invites nominations for dissertation awards 2024. Doctoral theses that are defended after December 1, 2022, and until December 31, 2023, in the general area of Artificial Intelligence are eligible for submission. The winner of the dissertation awards will be invited to give a talk in the NAIS Symposium and will be submitted to the European Association for Artificial Intelligence (EurAI) Dissertation Awards1.
To be considered, a dissertation must be nominated by the thesis supervisor. The selection of the winner will be based on the quality and impact of work, and the quality of writing. Work that has been published in conferences or journals, and that is primarily attributed to the student’s initiative will be considered favorably.
Nominations must be submitted as a single PDF file through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=naisda2024
Submission guidelines can be found below.
The NAIS Dissertation Award Committee will be appointed by the NAIS Board.
Submission deadline: 31 January 2024
Notifications: April 2024
- A dissertation must be nominated by the thesis supervisor.
- The author of the thesis must be a personal member of the NAIS society*.
- The candidate must have defended the dissertation at a Norwegian university.
- Nomination cover page that includes: the name, affiliation, and contact details of the nominator; the date of the defense of the dissertation; and the names of the jury/examiners involved in its defense.
- Nomination letters, either digitally signed or scanned original, from two referees supporting the submission and stating their assessment of why the thesis should win the award.
- If the candidate did not write the thesis in English. In that case, the nomination must include an English paper describing the core ideas of the thesis submitted for publication in an international journal or a prestigious conference.
- Other information that the NOMINATOR considers relevant.
- The complete nominated dissertation.
- Nominations must be submitted as a single PDF file.
- Both the NOMINATED candidate and the NOMINATOR must be listed as the AUTHORS on EasyChair submission.
*To register as a member of NAIS, send an email to email@example.com. The membership fee is 200 NOK per year.
Past winners of the EurAI Dissertation Awards
The past winners of the EurAI Dissertation Awards are listed on the EurAI website: https://eurai.org/news?filter=Dissertation%20Award